Davis, Agnor, Rapaport & Skalny, LLC, represents local and regional non-profit organizations, including charitable foundations, religious organizations and associations, social and sporting clubs, and professional and trade associations. Children, students, parishioners, the economically, mentally and physically disadvantaged, the arts community, and numerous others, both nationally and internationally, benefit from the efforts of DARS’ non-profit clients.
Using a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach, attorneys in our various practice groups have extensive experience advising non-profit organizations in a wide range of issues, including the following:
• Corporate governance, including review and preparation of governing documents and board resolutions, review of corporate resolutions, and addressing qualifications and rights of members.
• Advising governing boards on their fiduciary duties and responsibilities, as well as potential liabilities.
• Review of organizational policies, including conflict of interest, personnel, privacy and child safety policies.
• Tax and regulatory compliance, including securing and maintaining tax-exempt and public charity status.
• Contract and lease review, negotiation, and drafting.
• Employment matters, including hiring, compensation, disciplinary actions and terminations.
• Acquisitions, reorganizations and other corporate transactions, including asset acquisitions, acquisitions of other organizations through merger, liquidations and dissolutions.
• Banking and financing matters, including review of loan documents.
• Review of grant-making policies, including matching gifts and scholarship programs, in reference to the organization’s stated tax-exempt purpose.
• Review of investment and endowment standards and policies.
• Review of fund raising and planned giving strategies and policies.
• Protection of intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks and patents, acquisition and licensing of technology, and protection of website design and content.
• Conflict resolution and litigation.