Our employment lawyers provide religious organizations timely and accurate advice and guidance on church employment issues, so your congregation can focus on advancing its mission and serving the religious community.
We help your organization build productive and positive relationships with employees, volunteers and clergy. Our lawyers can advise you on the full range of employment laws, including development, preparation, and implementation of employment agreements and church policies and procedures.
We provide sound advice on:
- Church hiring issues
- Development of a church employee handbook
- Wage and hour compliance
- Employment litigation and advocacy
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Record-keeping policies and procedures
- Employee reviews and disciplinary procedures
- Termination and disciplinary actions
- Wrongful termination lawsuits
- Church tax law
- Internal investigation of claims concerning employees
- Discrimination based on religion
If a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation or mediation, our experienced attorneys will represent your organization in wrongful discharge claims, wage and hour claims, discrimination claims, or other matters facing your church or congregation.