Susan heads our Community Association practice assisting boards of directors of condominiums, homeowners associations, and cooperatives to problem solve, govern responsibly and manage effectively. Susan counsels her clients on a broad array of association issues including community association formation, governance, and assessment collections. Susan has a passion for understanding the ever-changing legislation within her practice area and apprises her clients on pending and newly enacted legislation.
Susan represents emerging and established small businesses and provides a wide range of legal services to them. Susan brings a common sense approach to her practice.
Susan lives in Montgomery, County, Maryland with her husband, and dog. Now that her two children are grown, she has the time to travel. She also enjoys reading, walking and shoe shopping.
Areas of Focus
- Community Associations Institute, Maryland Legislative Action Committee, Former Assistant Secretary and Secretary and Chair, (1995- 2021)
- Community Associations Institute, Chesapeake Region Chapter, President
- Howard County Arts Council, former Board Secretary
- Leadership Howard County, Class of 2002
- The Business Women’s Network of Howard County, Former Board President
- Brandeis University, B.A.
- The American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
- District of Columbia
- The Baltimore Business Journal – Who’s Who in the Law (1999)
- Washington, D.C. Chapter Community Association’s Institute – Educator of the Year (1998)