Heather works with business owners. Her experience ranges from complex commercial and construction litigation and employment disputes, to advising solopreneurs as they launch and grow their businesses. As a past president of the Business Women’s Network of Howard County, Heather is especially connected to the local business owner community and understands their legal needs.
Heather grew up on the family farm in Harford County and enjoys working with the agricultural business community. She is also fluent in Spanish and is one of a small number of attorneys in the state of Maryland who is able to assist Hispanic business owners in their native language.
Heather has experience in trial litigation at all levels of State Courts, in Federal District Court, and the Bankruptcy Court. She is licensed to practice in Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. Heather remains active in the legal community through her involvement with Maryland Hispanic Bar Association, and her membership in the James MacGill American Inn of Court.
Prior to joining Davis Agnor Rapaport & Skalny, Heather served as litigation counsel at a boutique firm in Annapolis and as a commercial litigation and creditor’s rights associate at a small firm in Columbia, Maryland. She began her legal career by clerking for a Circuit Court judge in Harford County and then working in the area of personal injury in Montgomery County.
Outside of the office, Heather enjoys tackling home improvement projects and golfing. She is a resident of Howard County with her husband and two children.
Areas of Focus
- Corporate Governance & Duties to Investors
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Formation & Structure
- Commercial Contracts
- Family Businesses & Succession Planning
- Employment Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Disputes Amongst Business Owners
- Wage & Hour Compliance & Litigation
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Business Litigation
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights
- Responses to Subpoena & e-Discovery
- Business Women’s Network of Howard County
- President, (2021-2022)
- Board Member, (2019-present)
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association
- Board Member, (2022)
- Gala Committee (2022-present)
- Judicial Selections Committee, (2015-2016)
- Member, (2012-present)
- Harford County Bar Association
- Judicial Nominations Committee, Vice-Chairperson, (2017-2022)
- Member, (2011-2023)
- Commercial Law League of America
- Editorial Committee, (2019-2020)
- Howard County Conservancy
- Development Committee, (2018-2019)
- Howard County Bar Association (2015-present)
- James MacGill American Inn of Court (2019-present)
- McDaniel (Western Maryland) College, B.A.
- University of Texas – Austin, M.A.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- New Jersey
- New York
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-present)