Community is important to you and it’s important to us, too. Not only are we active supporters of non-profits across the region, we’ve also been working for decades with regional and national non-profit organizations, including charitable foundations, religious organizations, associations, social and sporting clubs, and professional and trade associations. Children; students; parishioners; the economically, mentally and physically disadvantaged; the arts community; and numerous others, both nationally and internationally, benefit from the efforts of our non-profit clients.
We understand the wide variety of issues you face and have the experience you need to find the right solutions.
We take a team approach to providing you with advice, insight, and guidance on a very wide range of legal and business matters, including:
- Corporate Governance and Duties of Governing Boards: including review and preparation of governing documents and board resolutions, review of corporate resolutions, and addressing qualifications and rights of members
- Organizational Policies: including conflict of interest, personnel, privacy, and child safety policies
- Tax and Regulatory Compliance: including securing and maintaining tax-exempt and public charity status, and registering as a fund-raising organization under State law
- Contract and Lease: review, negotiation, and drafting
- Employment Matters: including hiring, compensation, disciplinary actions, and terminations
- Acquisitions and Reorganizations: including asset acquisitions, real estate acquisitions, acquisitions of other organizations through merger, liquidations, and dissolutions
- Banking and Financing: including review of loan documents
- Grant-Making Policies: including matching gifts and scholarship programs, in reference to the organization’s stated tax-exempt purpose
- Investment and Endowment: Policies and Standards
- Fund Raising and Planned Giving: strategies and policies.
- Protection of Intellectual Property: including copyrights, trademarks and patents, acquisition and licensing of technology, and protection of website design and content
- Conflict Resolution: including Mediation, Litigation and Internal Investigations
- Advocacy and Lobbying: including compliance with tax laws and lobbying regulations
There’s a reason more religious organizations rely on us.
We specialize in providing advice and guidance to religious organizations from all traditions. Our attorneys have the experience and sensitivity to help you handle:
- Organizational governance
- Legal duties and liabilities of pastors, trustees, officers and volunteers
- Pastoral counseling
- Tax and regulatory compliance
- Child safety policies and compliance
- Employment matters
- Real estate sales, acquisitions and leasing
- First Amendment and other Constitutional law protections
- Advocacy and lobbying
You take care of the community. We’ll take care of your organization.
We know that you need a responsive, caring legal partner you can rely on. With our team in your corner, you have the peace of mind knowing that you have a team behind you that understands the challenges your non-profit organization faces. We’re focused on finding the best solutions so you can continue your good work.
Talk to us.
To find out how the attorneys of Davis, Agnor, Rapaport & Skalny, LLC can help you handle the legal issues your organization faces, call us at 410.995.5800 or email an attorney from our Non-Profit Organization Practice Group.