Alisa leads the firm’s Family Law practice, providing personalized advocacy and solutions for adults and children who need representation through difficult legal situations. Her areas of focus include separation and divorce, alimony and spousal support, child custody and support, adoptions, guardianship and collaborative family law. Though a highly-skilled litigator, whenever possible, Alisa endeavors to resolve family law disputes through alternative dispute resolution techniques, such as collaborative practice and mediation. Prior to joining the firm, Alisa was the founder and principal of the Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC.
Alisa has had the privilege of teaching and lecturing in a variety of contexts both in the areas of continuing legal education and law school course work. Her speaking engagements include the Maryland State Bar Association, the Baltimore City Bar Association, Family Law University, the Institute for Paralegal Education, and the University of Maryland School of Law, among others. She has received numerous accolades for her legal prowess, including annual Super Lawyer recognition since 2009.
Alisa believes it is important to serve the various communities in which she lives and works. She contributes her time and expertise in support of the elderly and the indigent by offering pro bono services for those who could not otherwise afford legal representation. Alisa also volunteers her time to mediate cases before the Circuit Courts of Baltimore City and Baltimore County. In addition, she contributes her expertise to the Howard County Bar Association Family Law Assistance Program.
Outside of work, Alisa enjoys traveling and spending time with her family, and can occasionally be found enjoying a good Netflix binge or a round of Candy Crush.
Areas of Focus
- Howard County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Past Co-Chair (1999 – Present)
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Family Law Committee (1999 – Present)
- Bar Association of Baltimore City, Family Law Committee (1999 – Present)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section on Family and Juvenile Law, Past Council Member (1999 – Present)
- American Bar Association, Section on Family and Juvenile Law (1999 – Present)
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland (1999 – Present)
- Member, Statutory Considerations Committee of the Commission on Child Custody Decision-Making
- Leadership Howard County, Class of 2014
- Maryland Search and Rescue, Inc. Board of Directors (2017 – Present)
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A. in Psychology
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States District Court, District of Maryland
- United States Supreme Court