Cheryl is an experienced labor and employment attorney handling matters including the defense of state and federal discrimination claims, workplace and sexual harassment charges, wrongful discharge, ADA and ADEA claims, wage and hour issues, FMLA disputes, employment contracts, restrictive covenant agreements, general contract claims, employment-related, and other business tort claims.
She represents clients from a broad range of business industries including non-profits, medical practices and religious institutions throughout the federal, state, and local court system and administrative agencies. Representing government contractors in employment matters; Cheryl has successfully handled Department of Labor, OFCCP, OSHA and other federal agency investigations and subsequent charges related to I-9s, EEO compliance and FLSA wage and hour issues under the Service Contract Act.
Cheryl provides ongoing employment advice, strategies, seminars and training to companies to implement and develop effective employment policies and procedures and create positive work environments. She assists clients with investigations resulting from allegations of harassment, and termination of the employment relationship, including mass layoffs. She also regularly advises clients on the design, implementation, and regular reviews of employee handbooks, policies, and procedures.
In her spare time, she enjoys playing tennis, skiing, reading books and spending time with her family.
Areas of Focus
- Religious Institutions
- Employment, Non-Competition & Severance Agreements
- Employment Audits
- Employment Discipline & Discharge
- Employment Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Employee Classifications & Independent Contractors
- Employee Policies & Procedures
- Human Resources Advice & Counseling
- FMLA & ADA
- Government Contracting
- Management & Employee Training (SHRM Provider Certified)
- Wage & Hour Compliance & Litigation
- Workplace Investigations
- LifeBridge Health/Northwest Hospital, Board Member (2021-present)
- Howard County Chamber, Chair Elect, Board of Directors & Co-Chair Legislative Committee
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce, Labor & Employment Committee
- Maryland SHRM State Council, past State Government Affairs Chair, (2017-2020)
- Howard County HR Society, Board member & Legislative Chair
- Maryland Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law section
- SHRM Recertification Provider
- Emory University, B.A., Political Science
- Widener University School of Law, J.D.
- New Jersey
- Maryland’s Daily Record’s Top 100 Women (2022)
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce – ACE Award Small Business of the Year (2022)
- Howard County Chamber, Business Advocate of the Year (2016)
Davis, Agnor, Rapaport & Skalny, LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.