Eric represents businesses and their owners in business litigation matters, from complex commercial litigation, to employment discrimination cases, to corporate stockholder disputes. His litigation practice has included representing clients before state and federal courts and administrative agencies through the region. His approach to litigation is to work with clients to resolve matters quickly, cost effectively and strategically, and aggressively represent the client’s interests in litigation when required while meeting the client’s needs and overall objectives of resolving the dispute.
He also works closely with upper-management, HR professionals, and in-house counsel to provide advice and counsel in all areas of employment law, including employee relations, human resource matters, and compliance with the myriad of employment laws and regulations applicable in today’s workplace. This includes providing advice and counsel to federal contractors in employment matters, as well as providing advice and counsel concerning international employment law to employers who employ, or are looking to employ, persons outside of the United States.
Whether representing a business owner at a deposition in a complex business litigation matter, or providing advice and counsel to an upper-level executive regarding an employment matter they are struggling to handle, Eric takes very seriously his role as the client’s representative and the trust the client places in him to provide effective guidance on a matter that is consistent with the client’s expectations.
Eric lives in Catonsville. He enjoys spending time with his family, being involved in his kids’ various activities, coaching youth sports, and spending time outdoors hiking, camping, and playing golf.
Areas of Focus
- Appellate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Regulatory Compliance and Internal Investigations
- Wage & Hour Compliance and Litigation
- Negligence and Professional Liability Defense
- Electronic Record Keeping and Technology
- Fraud and Abuse
- Physician Contracts & Compensation
- HIPAA & Other Health Care Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Mitigation
- Affordable Care Act
- Employee Policies & Procedures
- Employment Audits
- Employment Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Employment, Non-Competition and Severance Agreements
- Employment Discipline and Discharge
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- HR Advice and Counseling
- Workplace Investigations
- International Employment Law
- Government/Federal Contractor Compliance
- Maryland Bar Association, Member, Labor & Employment Law Section and Litigation Section
- C. Defense Lawyers’ Association
- Past President
- Past Board Member
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Howard Technology Council, Health Tech Committee (2019 – Present)
- University of Maryland, B.A.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
- District of Columbia