Scott is a deal lawyer. Scott advises clients on a broad range of business-related matters at all stages of the business lifecycle, with an emphasis on mergers, acquisitions, and business succession planning. Scott brings a results-oriented, strategic, and entrepreneurial approach to the practice of law which lends to cost-effective and practical solutions to complex transactions and legal issues. Scott comes from a business background having served as a general counsel for a national franchising company prior to joining the firm as a partner in its business and transaction practice group.
Scott routinely counsels clients on the business structure and formation; operational and management issues; contract review; employee incentive and phantom stock plans; stockholder and member disputes; construction matters; commercial leasing; real estate, and franchising.
Scott resides in western Howard County with his wife and two children.
- Business Planning & Transactions
- Commercial Lending
- Real Estate
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Labor & Employment
- Health Care Law
Areas of Focus
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate Transactions
- Family Businesses & Succession Planning
- Exit Strategies
- Commercial Contracts
- Business Formation & Structure
- Corporate Governance & Duties to Investors
- Employment, Non-Competition & Severance Agreements
- Disputes Amongst Business Owners
- Private Offerings
- Franchise Law
- Asset Protection
- XPX Maryland, Inc. (Exit Planning Exchange)
- President, (2020 – Present)
- Board Member, (2017 – Present)
- Emerging Professional Chair (2017-2019)
- Center for Watershed Protection, Inc.
- Board Member (2019 – Present)
- Governance Chair (2019 – Present)
- The Alternative Board (2019 – Present)
- Neighbor Ride, Inc., Board Member (2015-2019)
- Howard County Bar Association, Business Law Committee Chair (2015-2017)
- Circuit Court for Howard County, Maryland, Law Clerk (2005-2006)
- Leadership Howard County, Class of 2018
- Towson University, B.S.
- Widener University School of Law, Cum Laude
- Delaware Journal of Corporate Law (Law Review)
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce – ACE Award Small Business of the Year (2022)